Functional Testing Strategy
Functional Testing Strategy would be adopted to ensure that the various phases of testing cover the business requirements to a level which is deemed to be successful and fit to be promoted into production environment.
- Signed off BRDs / FSDs would be referred by the testing team to come up with test plan, test cases and test scripts.
- Entry and exit criteria meetings would be conducted and minutes would be distributed to the project team at each phase of testing.
- Risk based testing approach would be used for this project and all the test cases would be rated against requirement criticality. This would then be used as a guide to decide what must be tested first and what may be omitted in case of time crunch.
- Traceability matrix would be used to map the test scenarios/cases against the functional business requirements.
- Outage register would be maintained during the entire testing phase to track the testing downtime due to environment unavailability, delay in build deployment etc.
- Test execution would be performed from both onsite and offshore with co-ordination being performed by the Test Lead from onsite.
- Defect review meetings would be conducted to discuss the outstanding defects.
- Handover-takeover of defects would happen between the test team leader and the offshore team on a daily basis.
- Effective knowledge sharing processes for team ramp up for each project
- TCoE team is involved in requirements gathering and discussions
- Knowledge retention (Core team per application is in place)
- Improved project management and estimation processes exist
- Better documentation for each application (Induction Manuals)
- Higher productivity of team members during test execution with the use of quality center tools and templates
- Use of a defect report template and defect metrics for effective defect containment
- Weekly and daily status reports for monitoring project activities
- Test data is created using boundary value analysis
- Better understanding of requirements and testing
- Avoids re-work
- Testing efficiency will be improved
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases and defects
Why Choose Us?
We are creative, yes really, and we thrive on presenting unique and rewarding concepts to compete against your competition in an ever-changing world.
We have a very professional approach and believe in delivering what we commit and commit what we can. Also, every commitment of ours would come with a defined time commitment which we would honor without delay.
We' re responsible
Once delivered, it doesn't stop there. We analyse, compare, critique and continue to work with our clients to achieve ongoing digital excellence.